Keywords in SEO: How to Choose the Most Important Phrases
When you have an eCommerce website, you aim to get as many customers as possible. But how do you do that? You must have the right SEO keywords (search engine optimization). Knowing how to choose the most important keyword phrases will help bring in more visitors that are more likely to buy your products or services, thereby improving your conversion rate and increasing your profits. Here are some guidelines on choosing keyword phrases that will provide the most traffic for your business.
What is Keyword Research?
When you engage in keyword research, you are essentially trying to figure out what words and phrases people use when searching for businesses or products like yours. This information can be incredibly valuable, as it can help you fine-tune your marketing efforts and ensure you’re using the most effective language possible. If you’re thinking about starting a new business, this is an essential step that needs to happen before anything else. Once you know what customers want, the next step is putting together a plan of action that will help those customers find you!
How To Decide Which Keywords To Pick
Not all keywords are created equal. When deciding which keywords to use for your website or blog, you need to consider a few things. Relevancy, traffic volume, and competition are all important factors. If you want to rank highly on Google, the keywords you pick must generate significant amounts of traffic and are relevant to what you do. The most successful websites don’t have just one keyword phrase—they have many. You should always aim to get at least five different phrases ranked high on Google’s search engine results page (SERP). An SEO optimization WordPress plugin can help ensure you cover all your bases with your targeted key phrases.
The Best Tools For Creating Lists Of Potential Terms
You need to know which keywords will help you get there to dominate your market. Here are five tools that can help you create lists of potential terms for various purposes, including attracting visitors and customers and developing content strategies.
1) Google Keyword Tool – Google’s free keyword tool is one of the most popular options for generating search volume estimates and competition data for various phrases.
2) SEMrush – SEMrush offers an expansive list of keyword research tools, including comprehensive advertising data and competitive analysis. You can also find out which words drive traffic to competitors’ sites through SEMrush’s Organic Research Tools option.
3) Wordtracker – Wordtracker has been around since 1997 and has remained a powerful tool because it provides detailed information on the demand for keywords by showing estimated traffic levels on Yahoo!, Bing, AOL, Wikipedia, YouTube, and other sites.
4) Ubersuggest – Ubersuggest collects a wide range of possible suggestions based on any keyword inputted into its search bar. It generates more than 10 million different keyword combinations with no sign-up required.
5) Keyword Everywhere – created by marketing agency Single Grain, this Chrome extension allows users to quickly see how frequently certain keywords appear across social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Instagram.
Examples Of Good And Bad Keyword Lists
Before we get into how to choose keywords, let’s first look at some examples of good and bad keyword lists. A good keyword list will be relevant to your business, have a mix of high- and low-traffic keywords, and be diverse enough to avoid keyword cannibalization. On the other hand, a bad keyword list will be full of misspellings, broad terms that are too vague to be useful, or terms that are so specific that they’ll only get you a handful of views. The best way to build a successful SEO campaign is by choosing the right keywords for your site. If you want an SEO Calgary company that can help you reach those goals, contact our team today!